Do you understand the assignment? Our lane is to move funds to Black MaGes (Marginalized Genders) so they can provide for their families with dignity and self-determination.
About the 518 Free Store: The 518 Free Store was created during the COVID-19 pandemic to address food disparities in BIPOC neighborhoods within the City of Schenectady and has adjusted their model to work within individual’s and families’ specific needs. CEO & Founder Shalonda Faircloth has composed a program that allows participants the ability to “shop” for their goods by providing a list of essential items that they can chose from, eliminating waste. Working in community with her consumers, she seeks out desired items and brands (e.g., diapers that work best for sensitive skin / allergy aversions) and provides those specific items for those who need them. The 518 Free Store does not dictate what a person needs but works with people to find out what needs works for them, which in turn makes the entire process of asking for help dignified and respectful.
About the Sale of This T-Shirt: 100% of your purchase price - not the profit, the purchase price - goes directly to the 518 Free Store. The production and shipping costs are covered by a private donor, meaning the 518 Free Store is not taking a single penny away from the funds it uses to provide its services.
Shirt / fabric details:
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28||30||31|